Acerca de mim

A minha foto
Oeiras, Portugal
Aluno e Professor. Sempre aluno.

segunda-feira, 2 de maio de 2011

No Longer Very Clear




No longer that I can no longer remember very well
the time when we first began to know each other.
However, I do remember very well
the first time we met. You walked in sunlight,
holding a daisy. You said, "Children make unreliable witnesses."

Now, so long after that time,
I keep the spirit of the throbbing still.
The ideas are still the same, and they expand
to fill vast, antique cubes.

My daughter was reading one just the other day.
She said, "How like pellucid statues, Daddy. Or like a...
an engine."

In this house of blues the cold creeps stealthily upon us.
I do not dare to do what I fantasize doing.
With time the blues congeals into roomlike purple
that takes the shape of alcoves, landings...
Everything is like something else.
I should have waited before I learned this.


John Ashbery, Notes form the air, selected later poems

Sem comentários: