Acerca de mim

A minha foto
Oeiras, Portugal
Aluno e Professor. Sempre aluno.

quarta-feira, 28 de abril de 2021

Silence

 «The great poem. As I say it, it becomes clear to me that I have accepted it, until quite recently, as something which certainly exists, putting it highhandedly beyond any suspicion of coming into being. Even if the originator behind it were to appear, I should not be able to imagine the power which all at once had broken so great a silence. Just the builders of the cathedrals shot up, like grains of seed, immediately and without residue, into growth and blossom in their work, which stood there as if it had always been, no longer explicable as deriving from them: so the great poets of the past and the present remain entirely incomprehensible to me, the place of each being taken by the tower and bell of his heart. Only since a most proximate younger generation, striving upward and into the future, has embodied, not insignificantly, their own growth in the growth of their poems, does my eye seek to recognize, alongside of their achievement, the circumstances of the creative personality. But even now, when I must acknowledge that poems are formed, I am far from thinking them invented; it seems to me ratheras if there appeared in the soul of the poetically inspired a spiritual predisposition, which was already present between us (like an undiscovered constellation).»

Rainer Maria Rilke, Where the silence reigns

Sem comentários: